What is DUI Education and Therapy?
The Impaired Driver Education Program (IDEP) for Level I and II are interactive classes designed to help people make positive changes to their high-risk driving behaviors. During the program you will:
- Examine your thoughts and feelings about being here
- Learn about DUI laws and the consequences of impaired driving
- Review facts about alcohol and other drugs and how they affect driving ability
- Consider patterns of substance use and the impact on your future
- Explore the connection between thoughts, feelings, and behavior
- Develop a plan for changing your impaired driving behavior
- Level I education consists of six (6) 2-hour classes
- Level II education consists of twelve (12) 2-hour classes
- Level II therapy is track dependent:
- Track A consists of 21 classes (42 hours)
- Track B consists of 26 classes (52 hours)
- Track C consists of 34 classes (68 hours)
- Track D consists of 43 classes (86 hours)
- Level II 4+ is assessment dependent over a minimum of 180 hours over 18 months
All charges are due at the time service is rendered or before the treatment session begins.
Schedule of Services
- Monday to Friday 7:00AM – 8:00PM
- Saturday – Sunday No available services
All special charges are due prior to when the service is rendered.
- The ONLY excusable absences for court-ordered treatment are a documented medical excuse, documented illness, death in the family, client incarceration, or vacation with travel permit authorization by Probation Officer submitted to Life Recovery Centers. For DUI Therapy, a therapy absence can only be made up with an individual session with an LRC counselor per state regulations. Individual sessions are $75/session unless otherwise noted. DUI therapy make-up must be done the week of the missed session. DUI Education cannot be made up.
- Clients who re-enter LRC after being discharged due to absences, overdue balance, or any other non-compliance issue will be charged another intake fee for them to re-start services and placed on Strict Compliance. This fee and any balance on the account MUST be paid before the client is allowed to be scheduled for a re-entry (re-instatement) intake.